Kehrwa Taal Theka
Kehrwa Taal is a North Indian taal. This Taal is a 8 beat cycle referred to Chatushra jati group. It is used with Light Music, Ghazal, Gurbani Keertan, Songs, Folk Music, etc. This Taal has various popular thekas but we are adding one for now. It is a SAMPADI taal.
Matra / Beat - 8
Jati - Chatushra
Vibhag / Division - 2 (4/4)
Taali / Clap - 1
Khali / Wave - 5
Kehrwa Taal Theka 1
Kehrwa Taal Theka Layakari
Theka 1 - Ekgun
Compositions in Kehrwa Taal
Composition Type - Laggi
- Dha S Na Tu, Na Ge Dha Tu
- Dhati NaNa, Tati DhaNa
- Dha Tin Na Na, Ta Tin Dha Na
Composition Type - Tihai
- DhaDha Tit DhaS, DhaDha Tit DhaS, DhaDha Tit Dha.
- Kata Tit DhaS, Kata Tit DhaS, Kata Tit Dha.
- Tuna Kata DhaS, Tuna Kata DhaS, Tuna Kata Dha.
- KdaSn DhaDha DhaS, KdaSn DhaDha DhaS, KdaSn DhaDha Dha.
1. How many Divisions are there in Kehrwa Taal?
2. How many beats make a cycle of Kehrwa Taal?
3. Kehrwa Taal belongs to which Jati?
4. Choose the Correct Taali-Khali sequence?
a) 1, 5
b) 1, 6
c) 1, 3
d) 1, 4
5. Which Matra/Beat is Khali in Kehrwa Taal?
[Answers: 1(a), 2(d), 3(a), 4(a), 5(a)]
We positively believe that this Kehrwa Taal Theka lesson is very helpful to you. So, We are requesting you to give your valuable feedback to us on our work because we would like to know what you think about current lessons and what we should add next to them.
you can send your valuable feedback to us at "email@example.com" with Suggestions/Feedback in the subject line.
You can also join us on our Social Handles by clicking the link given below to get the latest updates.